Thursday, June 8, 2017

Kimi under decision and Mercedes out of the podium in Monaco 🏎🏁


Well, lets begin with the fact I'm not Kimi fan as well as I'm not Ferrari fan at all. But Sunday Monaco's race made me so emotional on Kimi finishing the second and standing there on the podium with literally NO face that I decided on writing this and not how much I'm sad considering the fact that my Mercedes boys didn't see the podium this time. 

Okay, first of all I wanna say that quali went great for both Kimi and Seb as all the ones (3) I saw. And yes for numerous Kimi fans around the world starting from pole position for the first time since 2008 meant a lot. Anyway Saturday made me feel like hell after Vandorne crush and yellow flags on made Lewis finish at only Q2 (for the first time since 2008) and of course I (even knowing so little about Monaco GPs yet) understood that no win for him is coming. Especially on this track. But was quite happy for Valterri starting from the third place as far as I kept in mind his fenomenal start in Sochi 4 weeks ago. So I hoped. But no, not in Monaco. 

Before I say what I truly wanted to say I should mention that I really like both Seb and Kimi as human beings but the hysteria of everyone around me wanting Kimi to win has influenced my feelings alot. 

I can totally understand the Ferrari strategy in this particular race. Even the fact that they will always put Seb in front of Kimi considering the team's interests and the personal table where Seb is above Lewis after those six races. 

We always talk about Valterri's place in Mercedes comparing to Lewis and so on... But have never debated the fact that where we can definitely see the 1st and 2nd pilots IS Ferrari. So. Yes I do understand this. But isn't it just unfair for Kimi to trust his team in pit-stop timings, questions of using the tires and at the end of the day getting THIS?! Did you see his face during the podium thing? Did you hear how devastated he was during interview with Nico after all? Okay, congrats to Seb, happy for Ferrari winning here for first time for 16 years but couldn't they (I mean Ferrari) give Kimi and Seb the fair chance to fight and attach but not this "pit-game". 

Following the team interests we could see that no. After the race Seb would say: "The plan was that the first pilot will go to the pit first". First goes first. Easy strategy, right? But wasn't that obvious that Kimi WOULD be the first considering the track in Monaco. Please, if you think I'm mistaken go and listen to Kimi's interview after the race. Sad. Really really sad. 

Overall that race made feel so nasty if I can say like this since I've heard Max' reaction on Dani in front of him. THIS WAS NOT REDBULL STRATEGY. This was Dani's decision using both Max and Valterri pit stops to push. But what we've heard?! Have we ever heard this from anyone in Mercedes this season? Correct me if I'm wrong. I was also so unhappy on Checo being rude to someone not letting him in front and so on. Many small and dirty situations after which they will post cute photos together. But that is no help. With no personal attitude to Red Bull drivers I must say this was not great of Max. 

Here I will put my little thought as a girl rooting for Mercedes (never seeing Rosberg on the track by the way). No matter if Lewis is my favorite driver I'm rooting for the whole team. Not just because the cars are great to win but because of the culture inside and no accidents like today. In contrary Lewis starting on the 13th position said: "I hope Valterri WILL have a good race". Come on guys. This is how it should be.

The last thing I should mention is how much emotional this race made me feel in a bad way. Of course Pascal crushing and no radio for viewers at that very moment. I literally started crying remembering all the health problems he went through to make it to this season. Thanks GOD he is okay. 

So thanks to Dani for being on the podium (I told you I bring luck to the chosen ones), thanks Jason for being back (it does not matter that I never saw him racing before so I got a chance). Thanks to those who finished and Checo for the new lap record. Sad for Daniil after the episode with Checo again and other guys who were off during all the accidents. Sad for Force India this weekend cause I sympathized both guys so much. And thanks Monaco for being both beautiful and disgusting track during my first steps in Motorsport.

See you soon. I mean less than in two weeks. Canada's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment